***Please note: It is the owner’s/building contractor’s responsibility to provide a method of termite control in compliance with section R318, I.R.C.
The residential inspection checklist for pre-slab includes:
- Slab depth (min. 4" nominal) with min. 4" ABC (aggregate base course) underlayment, section R506.2.2, I.R.C.
- Concrete cover (minimum 3" below rebar) for steel reinforcement, section R403.1.3, I.R.C., City amended.
- Required structural holdowns and/or special anchors per City reviewed drawings for slabs with turned-down and/or monolithic footing.
- Turned-down footings, min. (2) #4s horizontal, section R403.1.3.2, I.R.C., City amended
- Size / depth / location of interior footings per City reviewed plan. Note: No piping allowed within interior footings, unless engineered.
- Piping passing through slab shall to have protective wrapping from corrosive soil, which also allows for expansion /contraction movement, section P2603.3, I.R.C.
- Shearwall holdowns with minimum concrete spalling. ***Please note: Manufacturer's required location from corners to prevent concrete spallin.
- Expansion and control joint locations per plan.
- Listed underground nonmetallic (PVC) conduit (example: floor outlets, kitchen islands, etc.).
- Concrete-encased electrode (UFER). Example: A minimum #4 rebar, at least 20 feet in length, and having minimum 2 inches of concrete encasement with direct earth contact in compliance with section E3608.1.2, I.R.C.