The residential inspection checklist for topout/frame (plumbing) includes:
- Gas line tested at minimum ten (10) psi air pressure for minimum ten (10) minutes (two (2) readings required), City policy and section G2417.4, I.R.C.
- Gas piping size per plan in compliance with section G2413.3, I.R.C.
- Gas steel piping horizontal supports; ½ inch pipe/six (6) feet oc (maximum), ¾ or 1 inch/eight (8) feet oc (maximum), 1¼ inch or larger/10 feet oc (maximum), section G2424, I.R.C.
- Gas steel piping vertical supports: every floor level, section G2424, I.R.C.
- Gas S.O.V. in the same room and within six (6) feet of appliance. Installed upstream of the union, connector or quick disconnect device it serves, section G2420.5, I.R.C.
- All appliances (with an ignition source) in the garage must be securely mounted on a minimum 18 inch high platform, section M1307.3, I.R.C.
- All appliances located in a garage or carport must be protected from vehicle impact, section M1307.3.1, I.R.C.
- Water supply lines tested at operating pressure, City policy.
- Water piping (main, branch and riser) size per plan in compliance with section P2903.7, I.R.C.
- Water heater T & P relief valve installed per City amended section P2803, I.R.C.
- All copper lines to be separated from contact with dissimilar metallic materials.
- Approved vacuum breaker on hose bibbs (with secured set screw in place), section P2902.4.3, I.R.C.
- Soil, waste and vent lines tested with 10 feet of head (water) pressure, section P2503.4, I.R.C.
- All soil/waste lines to be supported and to slope not less than ¼ inch per foot (1/8" inch per foot for 3 inches or more of pipe diameter), sections P2605.1 and P3005.3, I.R.C.
- Waste trap arms: 1¼ inch trap arm/maximum five (5) feet, 1½ inch trap arm/maximum six (6) feet, two (2) inch trap arm/maximum eight (8) feet, three (3) inch trap arm/12 feet, Table 3105.1, I.R.C.
- Proper sweep, tee, wye and bend fittings for soil/waste piping, section P3005, I.R.C.
- Horizontal vent pipes forming branch vents shall be at least six (6) inches above the flood level rim of the highest fixture served, section P3104.5, I.R.C. ***Please note: An "anti-siphon vent valve" can only be used if approved in advance by the City's Building Official.
- Approved shower control valves (pressure-balance, thermostatic-mixing or combination type) with high temperature limit stop set at maximum 120 degrees F., section P2708.3, I.R.C.
- Minimum 30 inch clear width at water closets (15 inch to centerline of water closet), section R307.1, I.R.C.
- All water, gas and DWV piping must be installed and supported per manufacturer's specifications and per section P2605, I.R.C.
- A fixture with an integral trap, readily removable without disturbing concealed piping is acceptable as a cleanout equivalent, section P3005.2.10, I.R.C.
- Grout "box out" at traps.
- Washing machine standpipe; extend minimum 18 and maximum 42 inches above the trap weir, section P2706.2, I.R.C.
- All water and DWV piping must be protected (shield plates) within 1 1/2" inches from the edge of a framing member, section P2603.2.1, I.R.C.
- All gas piping within 1 1/2" inches from the edge of a framing member, must be protected (shield plates), section G2415.7, I.R.C.