Delinquent Accounts

Delinquent Accounts

If you have failed to pay your fine/fee in a timely manner the Court may do any of the following:

  • Notify the Arizona Department of Revenue to deduct from your tax refund.
  • Notify a collection agency, which will apply additional fees to your balance.
  • Take other legally appropriate action against you.

Important:  If your traffic charge is marked as a civil violation and you fail to choose one of your plea options, fail to appear on any of your assigned court dates, or fail to comply with the sentencing requirements of the Judge, a default judgment of responsible will be entered against you, sanction will be imposed, and the Motor Vehicle Department will be notified that you are in default.

MVD may suspend your driver license and your privilege to drive. If your driver license is suspended as the result of a default judgment, you will have to pay the fine in full as well as additional fees to have your driving privilege reinstated.  If you drive while your license is suspended, you will be subject to serious criminal penalties.

If your traffic charge or formal citation or complaint is marked as a criminal violation and you fail to choose from one of your plea options, fail to appear on any of your assigned court dates, or fail to comply with the sentencing requirements, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

Failure to pay fines, fees and/or restitution, or failure to comply with the payment schedule, will subject you to further court proceedings and possible sanctions for non-compliance which may include the interception of your Arizona tax refunds or lottery winnings, as well as preventing the re-registration of your vehicle(s) in Arizona. In the event that the Court is required to refer your account for outside collection, the cost of collection will be added to all balances referred.

  If you are required to pay fines, penalties, fees or other financial obligations as a result of a judgement of this court and you are unable to pay, bring this information to the attention of court staff or the judge because payments over time or other alternatives may be available.  Do not ignore your responsibility to pay, as this may result in additional penalties and costs to you.  For more information, contact the court or an attorney.